Re: port 25 connections up?

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Tue May 31 21:26:12 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:21:00PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I've seen an almost astronomical increase in bogus smtp connections
> ("did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to") within the
> past 18 hours.  Up to +1100 today vs the usual 4 or 5.
>
> Anyone else?

	Overall i see a slight spike in the past 24 hours, looking
at a graphic of tcp/25 flows over the past 10 days.

	(normally a peak of 1.2M or so, but a past 24 hour peak
closer to 1.3M flows/sec, so maybe a 6-7% increase or so from my
vantage point.. also comparing comparable days of the week).

	- jared