RE: Administration Asks Appeals Court To Compel ISP Searches

  • From: Chris Ranch
  • Date: Tue May 31 15:12:09 2005

Looks like they want us to turn over customer info without the subpoena,
but simply with a phone call (or whatever) from an investigator.  I
would hope that would be just for specific accounts, and not the entire
customer list.  In any event, now we're going to have to at least
confirm the investigator's identity, whereas currently the sub carries
sufficient authority.

I don't think you meant to say 'without any specific criminal charges
having been filed', as subpoena'd evidence leads to charges.

Chris Ranch
Affinity Internet, Inc.