Re: Administration Asks Appeals Court To Compel ISP Searches

  • From: Jason Frisvold
  • Date: Tue May 31 14:54:12 2005

On 5/31/05, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) <[email protected]> wrote:
> Worth knowing how this all falls out, methinks.
>
> http://www.securitypipeline.com/163702151

Am I understanding this correctly?  Are they trying to get ISP's to
release all customer information up front without any sort of legal
request?  I don't have a problem releasing information asked for in a
subpeona, but to turn over an entire customer list without any
specific criminal charges having been files is a little much.

Please tell me I'm misreading this...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[email protected]