Few notices about Moscow, M9-IX, and last outage

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Sat May 28 04:58:26 2005

1) M9 have UPS power for a few days. BUT - it is 60V DC power. Only a very
few routers or switches are able to use it.

2) Power outages in Moscow data centers are very rare event, because most
have 2 - 3 different power inputs. 24 May failure was caused mainly
by operator's error, who reconnected power system back after few
transformers broke, and caused chained failure.

3) As a result of this (I never saw power failure in Relcom data center for
15 years of working there), generators are not common there.

4) M9-IX is not the only entrance to Moscow, but it was the main entrance.
As I know, few other entrance nodes was not affected.