Re: Route instability in the N.E. US this morning?

  • From: Jonathan M. Slivko
  • Date: Thu May 26 13:28:30 2005

Granted, this was at about 5:00AM EST or so. So, it may have just been routine maintenance ;).

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
Looked like a "routing tsunami" from down here in Austin. :-)

Knocked us out for about a half-hour.... concur with the
suspected origin.

Given all the the discussion on the list regarding s*BGP,
for a few minutes there I thought someone was just trying
to teach us all a hard lesson by injecting massive instability
into the DFZ. ;-)

- ferg

-- "Jonathan M. Slivko" <[email protected]> wrote:

I saw *almost* 100% packet loss to Verio in Boca Raton, FL this morning, looks like it all started in Ashburn (it was about 80% after a few minutes of mtr running).

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

Anyone know of any issues in the NE this morning? Lot's of
routing instability....

- ferg

--
 Jonathan M. Slivko - [email protected]
"Linux: The Choice for the GNU Generation"

Don't fear the penguin.
         .^.
         /V\
       /(   )\