Re: soBGP deployment

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Thu May 26 13:09:16 2005

The thing we should keep in mind is that the problem set is really very
limited. Although I acknowledge Tony's cockpit door analogy, we live in the
world of today.

The most significant problem is hijacking of IP address space for various
purposes. That's it. Solve that in the SIMPLEST way possible, lets implement
it (because everyone sees the problem) than we can either iteratively
improve the solution or start working on the next solution.

Steve's attitude (and mine) is pretty close to universal amongst operators.
We don't need complexity to solve problems that aren't there. There has been
a bit of a historic issue with vendors and IETF folks (congruent sets, yes),
telling operators what their problems are and how to fix them. I won't
enumerate the various "problems". Hijacked IP address space is a real
problem. Simple solution please :)

- Dan

--
Daniel Golding
Network and Telecommunications Strategies