Re: BCP regarding TOS transparancy for internet traffic

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Thu May 26 01:57:12 2005

  Back in 1999 or early 2000, at GBLX we decided to implement DSCP settings
  on transit network traffic.

  We found that a remotely small % of TCP traffic abended when the DSCP
  were changed within the stream.  Understandably, we were concerned.

  Given the incompatibility with intended TOS/DSCPs behavior, and the
  TCP spec, we 'fixed' TCP in RFC 2873, June, 2000.

  Another 'fix' to interpretations of the TCP spec was authored by S. Floyd,
  RFC 3360, August, 2002.

  -alan

Thus spake Fred Baker ([email protected])
 on or about Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:18:42AM -0700: