Re: BCP regarding TOS transparancy for internet traffic

  • From: Saku Ytti
  • Date: Wed May 25 15:15:33 2005

On (2005-05-25 15:06 -0400), Eric A. Hall wrote:

> >  Beatiful idea, how in practice do you suggest this is done, how will
> > my router know if it should just ignore the TOS bytes or do expedited
> > forwarding as configured for given value of TOS byte?
>
> VLANs? Different route paths? Any of a dozen other ways to limit special
> processing to the networks that have paid for it and dump everybody else
> into the best-effort pool?

 Sorry I fail to understand this. Could you elaborate with an example?
Let's assume I'm AS1 and 2.0.0.0/16 from AS2 is sending me DSCP CS5, which I
don't want to honor. And 2.1.0.0/16 from AS2 is sending me DSCP CS5, which I
want to honor.
 How in practice should I honour 2.0.0.0/16 to every destination in my network
and never honor from 2.1.0.0/16 to any of destinations in my network? My
margins unfortunately don't permit building two paths to each directions.

--
  ++ytti