Re: BCP regarding TOS transparancy for internet traffic

  • From: Saku Ytti
  • Date: Wed May 25 12:01:25 2005

On (2005-05-25 11:49 -0400), [email protected] wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what did you hope to accomplish by zeroing that field?

 IMHO only reason not to zero TOS byte on AS ingress border is that you
explicitly agreed with your neighbour how it is used (what traffic it
can contain, what is the absolute limit they will send that traffic in,
etc.)
 I personally don't want to see DoS traffic taking eg. VoIP priority.

 I've been also thinking about possibility to differentiate in MPLS EX/TOS
AS internal and AS external traffic and under congestion start to drop
AS external traffic first.

--
  ++ytti