Re: soBGP deployment

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Mon May 23 15:25:26 2005

One correction: I shouldn't have said: "The RIRs are iffy". It should have
been "The IRRs are iffy". A world of difference.

I understand the limitations. However, no one is rushing to implement most
of the things that folks in this thread are obsessing over: DNSSec, IPV6,
sBGP, soBGP.

A bizarre assertion was made that only a "few" are implementing SPF, which
is demonstrably untrue. Its getting implemented because its easy, not
because its complete. This obsession with perfection will (as usual) result
in exactly no progress. Folks need to be willing to get 70% of the benefit
for 10% of the effort.

- Dan