Re: soBGP deployment

  • From: Pekka Savola
  • Date: Sat May 21 14:56:33 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Randy Bush wrote:
something like it, for sure.  but i vastly prefer the s-bgp
approach as it maps closely to bgp operational reality, and does
not rely on a published policy database, which we have seen fail
for over a decade, etc.
So, can someone point out the important operational differences between the two?

From 10K feet view, the only major difference seems to be that sBGP
also wants to protect the BGP sessions w/ IPsec all in one solution. (Personally, I don't care about that all that much, and I have some doubts whether this is a good approach for deployability in mind.)

Maybe the important operational differences are only observable from 1K feet view ?

--
Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds."