Re: AboveNet Network Issues -- East Coast...

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Sat May 21 11:07:46 2005

<quote who="David A. Ulevitch">

> Good morning,
>
> AboveNet Client Services doesn't seem so keen on letting me know why
> packets are falling on the floor between over my abovenet connection from
> SFO to NYC this morning.

Update:

They claim it's *yet another* fiber cut this week... (???)

"""
Dear Valued Customer,

There has been a fiber cut affecting our northern path across the US.
Backup southern paths have taken the load however we are seeing latency at
this time.

There is no ETR for the fiber cut Crews have
been dispatched to locate the cut.
"""

Thanks,
David Ulevitch

   David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
   http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net