Re: Underscores in host names

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Thu May 19 11:50:03 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:47:09AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 3:39 PM +1000 2005-05-19, Mark Andrews wrote:
> >  	Any tld that thinks this will ever work reliably need their
> >  	heads read.  There was a good reason all the unqualified
> >  	hosts got moved into .ARPA.  Single label hosts do not work
> >  	well on a global scale.
>
> 	No, they don't, but .ws and .gw are not going to be the only ones
> doing this kind of thing, and this problem won't go away unless
> something is done to expressly prohibit this kind of behaviour.

Perhaps I left my program in the men's room, but wasn't the point of
this thread that "something has already been done to prohibit this"?
IE: 2821 says that's an invalid address?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Designer                       Internetworking                        RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me