Re: Reback SMS / DSL packet loss issue.

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Wed May 18 21:51:31 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Stephen Fulton wrote:

Occasionaly clients connected via ATM PVC's experience packet loss after reconnecting due to power loss. The line sync is fine, but packet loss of between 40 - 60% occurs. Only once I've used "clear sub <subscriber>" to disconnect the session does the packet loss stop. Anyone know why that would be?
Which model of SMS is this and what version of code are you running? Also how are the customers connecting to you (bridged, one PVC per customer/static,
PPPoE, PPPoA, etc...)?

It's been a year or so since I've had my hands on an SMS box, but I can try to blow the dust off of my brain.

Also, if you have a support contract with Redback, have you floated this past their TAC?

jms