Reback SMS / DSL packet loss issue.

  • From: Stephen Fulton
  • Date: Wed May 18 21:26:57 2005

Hi all,

Hope the last NANOG was good, I was supposed to go, but alas business got in the way.

I've got a question about an issue I'm seeing with some DSL clients. It may not be limited to Redback's SMS, but that's the platform being used, so I won't speak in generalities.

Occasionaly clients connected via ATM PVC's experience packet loss after reconnecting due to power loss. The line sync is fine, but packet loss of between 40 - 60% occurs. Only once I've used "clear sub <subscriber>" to disconnect the session does the packet loss stop. Anyone know why that would be?

I'd appreciate any insight or a push in the right direction regarding this, thanks.

--
Stephen Fulton | We can be quick-witted
Systems Administrator | or very intelligent