[OT] Re: what will all you who work for private isp's be doing ina few years?

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Sun May 15 14:19:58 2005

At 1:48 PM -0700 5/12/05, David Barak wrote:
--- Matthew Crocker <[email protected]> wrote:

On May 12, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Jeff Rosowski wrote:

>> | So imagine a residential area all pulling
digital video over >> wireless.
>> | Sound familiar? Ironically close to TV! (yet so
different)

>> You mean like VoIP over dsl ?
>>

> I'm looking to setup DSL over VoIP over DSL next.
<smirk>

I'm going for v.90 over VoIP over DSL. Hopefully
I'll be able to get a 28.8k connection over my DSL line ;)
One of the vendors from a previous NANOG (IIRC, it was
Pluris, but don't quote me) had a shirt extolling the
benefits of IP over MPLS over ATM over X.25 over
Frame-Relay over MPLS over PPP over Ethernet over HDLC
over SONET.
everything old is new again :)

What happened to the LLC/SNAP?