Re: what will all you who work for private isp's be doing in a few years?

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Fri May 13 03:30:49 2005

> So imagine a residential area all pulling digital video over wireless.
> Sound familiar? Ironically close to TV! (yet so different)
>
> What I can't understand is why multicast hasn't just gone gangbusters into
> use yet. I see it as a really pent-up capability that, in light of
Because multicast standards was written by academic idiots. -:) Very
difficult to use and full of unused features.

(Do not believe? Read RSVP protocol - not exactly multicast but not far away
from it).

And because multicast protocols (unfortunately) are not easy to implement.
It excuse this standards and their authors.

I can predict one more 'skype' like company, with really robust protocol,
catching multicast market. Something like 'peer to peer multicast' -:).

> broadband video, etc., is just going to have to break wide open soon.
>
> Joe
>

>                       Ross Hosman
>                       <rosshosman              To:      Steve Sobol
<[email protected]>, Fred Heutte <[email protected]>