Re: Blocking port udp/tcp 1433/1434

  • From: Brian Russo
  • Date: Thu May 12 10:34:45 2005

End to end, but I'm afraid current realities do not always permit that approach and we must occasionally build walls.
Sure, I wish people would fully step up to the plate and demand robust software/protocols. Secure, strong encryption and software that isn't filled with buffer overflows and other ludicrously should-be-over-the-hill bugs. Etc etc..

This is the part where the crickets chirp, and everyone laughs at me.

So, if people want to screw up their own machines in isolation, that's fine but when it takes down half your network....

- bri