Re: what will all you who work for private isp's be doing in a few years?

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed May 11 18:13:29 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Matt Bazan wrote:

bottom line is that in a few years everything will be virtualized and
cosolodation will rule the land. there will be single turnkey solutions
for the end user / corporate environment that will be infinitely
configurable to meet the latest trends and needs. there will be no use
for the small time 'innovator' or 'player' except in a purely academic
environment.
If I had a nickel for every time someone told me everything would be:

* Consolidated
* Virtualized
* Automated
* Etc., etc.

I would have enough to buy an ISP. :-)

Add to that every time someone told me the "small guys" would get pushed out, or that "bells will own everything", or that "<insert favorite analyst catch-phrase>" and it gets really old really fast.

The market / industry / whatever will do things you will not expect. Learn to deal with it.

--
TTFN,
patrick