RE: what will all you who work for private isp's be doing in a few years?

  • From: Shane Owens
  • Date: Wed May 11 16:20:13 2005

 On this I am wondering what the user market would chose with an offer from a DSL provider of a guaranteed bandwidth purchase with a
contention based cap on max speed.  For example DSL sold with a guaranteed bandwidth availability of 256K (or 512K, 768K etc based
on 256K increments) with a "up to" maximum of 7-10Mbps.  Would the typical user understand the difference between this the standard
Comcast marketing of "up to" speeds without any service guarantee?

Shane

>It won't be long before the telco's respond by offering DSL at the same speed/price. I've heard (but don't *know*) that SBC is
selling 6 down and 1 up in >Houston and Dallas for $35.