RE: DOS attack tracing

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Tue May 10 07:46:24 2005

Good advice when DDOS' are constant. If this was a first and possibly
last for awhile, it may make sense to rely on the software tools
and a good 'SOP' with the provider instead. It really depends on
the scope of the problem in particular.

DDOS' is rather infrequent to zero for most enterprises. That DDOS
golden banana is rather yummy with sprinkles on top. Don't get me wrong,
the DDOS problem is real, but not for everyone, and not as frequently as
it's being hyped up to be. A managed service is a better way
to go if they're worried, IMO.

[ SNIP ]