Re: Acceptable DSL Speeds (ms based)

  • From: Luke Parrish
  • Date: Wed May 04 12:20:48 2005

I agree with that regarding download speed, I like to see 85-90% on a 1.5 connection, that usually works out to 1.3M - 1.35M...

And, yes this is purely for conversation and other viewpoints.

Thanks,
luke

At 11:01 AM 5/4/2005, Peter Corlett wrote:

Luke Parrish <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have a good resource for acceptable speeds for home DSL
> customers?

Surely this is completely subjective?

Wearing my end-user hat, I see, and expect, TCP traffic flowing at
about 55kB/s on a BT Home 500 circuit, and proportionally higher
throughputs on the 1000 and 2000 offerings.

If it routinely fell below about 75% of the theoretical maximum even
to close sites, I'd switch providers.

--
Youth is a wonderful thing; what a crime to waste it on children.
                                                        - George Bernard Shaw