Re: [dnsop] DNS Anycast revisited (fwd)

  • From: Nicholas Suan
  • Date: Wed May 04 02:10:26 2005

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

<quote>
i also remain convinced that using anycast to do distributed load balancing for applications like WWW, ... is silly, and will more often do harm or do nothing than do good. (and i've told akamai and speedera this many times.)
</quote>

The fact your digs returned different IPs for the same hostname has _nothing_ to do with anycast.

I never said that anycast was required to do this. I could do the same thing with BIND's views. I was interpreting it as 'using anycast to provide incoherent results is a bad idea'.