Re: On the record - debunking technical fallacies

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Tue May 03 15:05:23 2005
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

--- Dean Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 May 2005 [email protected] wrote:
> > I believe it is still necessary (and a good thing)
> > post messages on the record that debunk technical
> fallacies.
>
> Thats right. That's why I debunk them. The lying
> children call me names.
> They really hate it when you debunk their fallacies.

<sigh>

I personally evaluate individual posters with the
following in mind: the more an individual has been
willing to publicly assert things which I know to not
be true, the less credit I give that individual's
opinions with regard to things about which I am not an
expert.  The converse is true as well.

Dean has weighed in on topics such as router
architecture and the ubiquitousness of
packet-based-load-balancing in backbone networks, and
been thoroughly wrong.  Lots of people demonstrated
his wrongness in these things, so I feel no need to
recap.

I have no connection to ISC, and have no personal axe
to grind.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com