Re: a call for peace (Re: SMTP AUTH)

  • From: Steven Champeon
  • Date: Mon May 02 10:41:50 2005

on Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:55:19PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

> in this interminable thread from hell, someone finally said the magic words:
>
> > Thankfully, there's always procmail.
>
> and helpfully gave a specific recipe:

Yeah, but not the one you really need. Thankfully, there's always more
procmail.

> it does no good for me to filter out the crackpots if the rest of you
> are just going to keep on replying to same.

:0
* ^(From|To|Cc):.*av8\.com
/dev/null

It looks like Dean's Message-IDs are using 'localhost.localdomain' as a
host, so if you get mail from legitimate senders whose setups are also
broken you may not want to filter on that, too, but then again you
might. It's my understanding that Message-Id headers are supposed to
be unique in the world.

:0
* ^(References|In-Reply-To|Message-Id):.*<Pine.LNX.4.44..*@localhost.localdomain>
* ^Sender:.*[email protected]