Re: FCC To Require 911 for VoIP

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Thu Apr 28 18:21:28 2005

Someone should show them some of the 802.11 based "cellular-like" SIP
phones and ask them how exactly they plan to get good geolocation data
for 911 on those and the soft-phone in my laptop.

Who exactly will I be talking to when I dial 911 from an internet cafe
in Puerto Vallarta through my Virgina VOIP account with a California
Billing address?

Owen

--On Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:45 PM +0000 "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)"