Re: clarity

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Wed Apr 27 16:15:27 2005

> I think the problem isn't with dirty water arriving from the water
> company, it's the fact that so many end users are allowing raw sewage to
> be poured into /other people's water/, and some ISPs don't feel
> compelled to do anything to save other ISPs from their users'
> pollutants.

I agree that an ISP should disconnect a user dumping raw sewage into
the water system.  However, that's a big difference from providing an
end user a "clean internet" which is what the article proposed.  To me,
that means providing filtered internet services.  That's a transit
solution to an end-node problem.  Disconnecting the abusing end-node(s)
is an end-node solution.

Owen