Re: Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

  • From: Sam Hayes Merritt, III
  • Date: Wed Apr 27 12:39:38 2005

And Big Pond is my hero. :-)
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/communications/0,2000061791,39188135,00.htm
I'm not sure I'd break my arm trying to pat them on the back yet. They have a ways to go in SMTP filtering their users so that when they are infected with trojans, they aren't abused to send spam out. From the above article, they are only disconnecting those users now because BigPond is feeling some pain on their own infrastructure. Our numbers of rejects from their users are consistently 3-4 hundred per day.

sam