clarity

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Wed Apr 27 03:40:58 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:13:16AM -0700, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
> On April 26, 2005 11:36 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:38:00PM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> > > I think it's absurd.  I expect my water delivery company not to add
> > > polutants in transit.  I expect my water production company to provide
> > > clean water.
> >
> >         er.. bad analogy warning... please take a sample of tap water to
> >         an independent lab for analysis...  and find out just what the
> >         water company is putting into your water.
>
> Actually that _is_ a bad analogy.
>
> According to my sister (who works in that area as a regional water
> expert), tap-water is held to higher standards than bottled water.
> In Canada at least... ymmv.
>
> cheers,
> --dr

		perhaps you mis-read.  water companies -always-
	add things to water, to kill off germs, balance mineral content,
	etc..  they do this to -meet- the "higher" standards.
	and by their tampering, they pollute the water...
	their pollution may make the water drinkable and safe.
	does n ot change the fact that the water was tampered with.

--bill