Re: Schneier: ISPs should bear security burden

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Apr 27 01:51:24 2005

Oh, please.

If you think that the Internet should remain an "every man
for himself", wild wild west, Ok Corral, situation (not my
words, mind you), then you better get with the powers that
will steam-roll all of us if we let it -- money and marketing.

This ain't no science project anymore.

Bruce is right -- right as rain -- I don't give two damns
whether you think it is an issue of marketing, or protecive
self-advertising. The issue is that the _consumers_ want it,
that's what they'll pay for, and it is the ISP's perogative
to either honor that wish, or lose the business.

We owe to our customers, and we owe it to ourselves, so let's
just stop finding excise to side-step the issue.

Sound about right?

- ferg

Owen DeLong <[email protected]> writes:

So much for any sort of journalistic ethic, fact checking, or, unbiased
reporting.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]