Re: Internet2

  • From: Jay Ford
  • Date: Tue Apr 26 18:20:01 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Vicky Rode wrote:
> Just wondering how's internet2 community/partners protecting themselves
> from lawsuits of illegal use of music/movie downloads.
>
> In general, how are they protecting themselves from malicious code
> infection spreading at internet2 speed? How are the devices coping up
> with filters in place, if any?
>
> Like to hear what nanog community and the people who are involved w/
> internet2 connectivity think.

I don't differentiate between my Internet2 connectivity & my other
connectivity regarding network abuse issues.  Each is a conduit for good &
bad stuff, & each has a NOC when I need it.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: [email protected], phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-2951