Re: Port 25 - Blacklash

  • From: Adam Jacob Muller
  • Date: Tue Apr 26 14:19:59 2005

The fact that most people did not complain is not likely due to the fact that they were not annoyed by the change, but rather it's easier to simply get around it than it is to bother complaining to network admins.

For example, about 2 months ago, comcast decided to block outgoing port 25 from my entire neighborhood. I called comcast, and while sitting on hold I had the idea to setup a ssh tunnel to a machine at work and viola problem solved before anyone from comcast even answered the phone.

Adam