Re: Slashdot: Providers Ignoring DNS TTL?

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Sun Apr 24 17:52:03 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 04:00:40PM -0400, Robert M. Enger wrote:
> In your note below you speak of 'moving on to something else' when
> PPLB comes.

No, I actually don't.

> PPLB destabilizes TCP. It elicits erroneous retransmissions, squanders
> capacity and lowers performance.
>
> You are suggesting that we replace TCP in all the computers in the
> world?

Nope.  I was observing generically that if people who take advantage of
a technology window to supply a supportive technology (video capture
cards for PC's) are smart, the *really* smart people are those who are
prepared to move along to something else when the mainstream catches up
(DV/Firewire) and their product is no longer necessary.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me