Re: Slashdot: Providers Ignoring DNS TTL?

  • From: Robert M. Enger
  • Date: Sun Apr 24 16:41:57 2005

Steinar:

There is a large body of work from competent and well known
researchers that assert the claim.  I certainly lack standing to question their results.

Empirically, download speeds to home are nearly cut in half (18Mbps) from sources
that are subjected to packet reordering along the path.

More to the point however, I note that Jay is the author of RFC2100.
I think he's just having a little bit of fun.  My apologies for belaboring the performance issue.

Bob