Re: New worm?

  • From: Peter John Hill
  • Date: Fri Apr 22 13:30:47 2005

Are they behind a firewall? Are they using private address space? If not could they have just been owned? Has someone installed an ftp server on them and are using them to distribute warez or more likely movies? Perhaps made them bittorrent servers/clients?

Check out Argus... it is a good flow monitoring tool... You can have it put together variable amount of userdata from all the packets and let you get a better idea at what is going on than from just looking at raw netflow data.

Peter