Re: Service providers that NAT their whole network?

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Tue Apr 19 17:26:36 2005

That makes very little sense to me since the smaller providers can get
a /22 directly from ARIN.

I, personaly, would never purchase service from a provider that insisted
on sticking me behind NAT.

SPRINT PCS does not NAT my cellphone.  I receive a dynamic address at
connection time, but, it is a real address.  What they do that annoys
me is they block UDP Port 53 to non-sprint nameservers, and, the phone
browser is hard-coded to a particular sprint HTTP Proxy server.

If the practice is becoming more common, that is very unfortunate.

Owen

--On Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:09 AM -0400 Philip Matthews