Re: cost of doing business

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Mon Apr 18 12:15:35 2005
On 18 Apr 2005, at 11:33, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Joe Abley wrote:

I don't think that's true. I have seen bittorrent clients running on machines that have good connectivity (>>typical North American residential; say 100M access to a data centre on the east coast). With only moderately-popular torrents (think fan movies like fanimatrix or starship exeter, a week or so after the slashdot effect has died down) such a client can easily seed at 10-20Mbit/s.
Yes yes, it's of course technically possible. It's no problem to saturate a 100M either if you have a decent computer.
My point was not just that it was technically possible, but rather that with active filesharing clients running it's something that a naive user can easily do, today -- no future killer apps required.

Joe