Re: Anyone familiar with the SBC product lingo?

  • From: just me
  • Date: Sun Apr 17 14:50:43 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

  So here's the 64GB/s question:

  If carriers are being paid to ensure physical separation between
  circuits for the life of the circuit, why is it that they haven't
  implemented change management systems (and I don't solely mean the
  software) to ensure they they *can* (not even that they will) manage to
  ensure such separation?

Simple math. The cost of the occasional SLA credit and/or circuit
regrooming when the customer discovers a non-diverse path where one
was specified is obviously much less than the cost of tracking,
maintaining ( and surely providing ) path diversity.

Surely large providers have spent a lot more time and money
developing processes and software that allow them to groom circuits
into the least number of physical paths possible. Or at least I
would, if I were paying for the facilities.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke