Re: Topics for NANOG 34

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Sun Apr 17 13:21:34 2005

This is not parallel track sessions yet, right?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Steve Feldman wrote:

Greetings - here are the topics we've lined up so far for Seattle.  Keep
an eye out as we post additional talks:

	http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0505/topics.html

Also, just a quick reminder that the registration fee goes up $50 on
Monday, April 25, and our hotel room block rate expires on April 27.

TUTORIALS
---------
 -  Challenges in Network Security Protocols
    Level: Introductory
       Radia Perlman, Sun

 -  Bridges, Routers, Switches, Oh My!
    Level: Introductory
       Radia Perlman, Sun

 -  Best Practices for Determining the Traffic Matrix in IP Networks
    Level: Intermediate
       Thomas Telkamp, Cariden

 -  BGP Techniques for Service Providers
    Level: Introductory/Intermediate
       Philip Smith, Cisco

SUNDAY EVENING COMMUNITY MEETING
-------------------------------
 - A follow-up to our meeting in Las Vegas (see
   http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0505/coordination.html). Please join us!

GENERAL SESSION
---------------
 -  DNS Anycast Stability
       Daniel Karrenberg, RIPE

 -  Design Decisions and Architecture Analysis of a Global 10G Backbone
    (We Do it, so You Don't Have To)
       Vijay Gill, Time Warner

 -  Securing Carrier VoIP: Session Border Control
       Hadriel Kaplan, Avici

 -  Anatomy of a Leak: AS9121 (or, "How We Learned To Start Worrying and
    Hate Maximum Prefix Limits")
       Alin C. Popescu, Brian J. Premore, and Todd Underwood, Renesys

 -  Building Nameserver Clusters with Free Software
       Joe Abley, ISC

 -  Trust Reflection: A Distributed Approach to PGP Key Signing at
    Multi-Day Events
       Joe Abley, ISC

 -  Anycast Measurements Used to Highlight Routing Instabilities
       Peter Boothe; Randy Bush, IIJ

 -  Beyond 10 Gigabit Ethernet
       Neena Pemmaraju, Force10

 -  Internet Mini-Cores: Local Communications in the Internet's "Spur"
    Regions
       Steve Gibbard, PCH

 -  The Spoofer Project: Inferring the Extent of Internet Source Address
    Filtering on the Internet
       Robert Beverly, MIT

 -  Network-Wide Inter-Domain Routing Policies: Design and Realization
       Olaf Maennel, RIPE; Anja Feldmann and Christian Reiser,
       Technical University Munich; Ruediger Volk and Hagen Boehm,
       Deutsche Telekom

BOFS
----
 -  ISP Security and NSP-SEC BOF IX