Re: Memory leak cause of Comcast DNS problems

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Sun Apr 17 13:05:10 2005

Not to my knowledge, or at least, none that has been
publicly acknowledged.

>From a Washington Post article yesterday (posted via Yahoo!
News), Comcast said that the problem manifested itself when
they were in the process of upgrading their DNS servers:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1212&e=3&u=/washpost/20050416/tc_washpost/a56223_2005apr15&sid=96168964

- ferg

-- Florian Weimer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Regardless of whether it actually _was_ a memory leak,
> or not, it appears that the impact was on a rather
> large enough scale.

Have other service providers been affected, too?

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]