Re: BCP for ISP to block worms at PEs and NAS

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sun Apr 17 07:50:07 2005

On 4/17/05, Kim Onnel <[email protected]> wrote:

> Can someone confirm if my approach explained below is sufficient and
> if there is other/better ways to do this ? something i am missing.

blocking netbios and 2..3 other ports is one way to go.

however, what you need is fast detection and nullrouting / walled
garden setup for infected machines on your LAN

Joe St.Sauver's presentation at
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/zombies.pdf should help

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])