BCP for ISP to block worms at PEs and NAS

  • From: Kim Onnel
  • Date: Sun Apr 17 07:29:27 2005

Hello,

Can someone confirm if my approach explained below is sufficient and
if there is other/better ways to do this ? something i am missing.

On my Cisco-based SP network with RPMs in MGX chassis acting as PEs:

I have the ACL below applied on many network devices to block the
common worms ports,

On the NAS, i have placed the worm on the Group-Async interfaces so
the worms will not propagate between user who dial up on the same NAS,
and on the uplink ethernet interface.(in and out)

On the PEs, i have placed it on the interface switches for the
customers and on the uplink too, and then on the aggregating routers
and on the gateway for all these.

ip access-list extended worms
 deny   tcp any any eq 5554
 deny   tcp any any range 135 139