Re: New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Fri Apr 15 09:45:28 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Jeff Cole wrote:

Brandon Ross wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Sean Donelan wrote:
Its called DHCP/PPP, both will auto-magically configure the correct DNS
Which doesn't work very well when your provider cannot keep a DNS server up for 10 minutes at a time. See the beginning of this thread.
Run bind locally on your laptop.
I already do that. I wasn't referring to myself, I was referring to other users who might not have the skills or interest in running their own DNS daemons.

--
Brandon Ross AIM: BrandonNRoss
Director, Network Engineering ICQ: 2269442