RE: OpenTransit (france telecom) depeers cogent

  • From: David Schwartz
  • Date: Thu Apr 14 18:52:17 2005

> Is Cogent filtering the prefixes they get from Verio?  Or is Verio
> filtering what they send to Cogent?  Does it matter?
>
> I think you have a very good point - FT is buying full transit.  Cogent
> is the one without full reachability.
>
> Doesn't mean that FT didn't know this would be a problem when they took
> the step, though.

	Cogent has offered to exchange traffic with OT in a manner that is
cost-effective for both sides. OT said, "no, do it in a way that is more
expensive for both of us". Which one is making a reasonable effort to
exchange traffic with anyone else willing to make a similar effort? To me,
that is the standard by which connectivity should be judged.

	DS