RE: Anyone familiar with the SBC product lingo?

  • From: Luke Youngblood
  • Date: Thu Apr 14 16:20:09 2005

SONET simply means you are on a Sonet ring:  Two redundant connections to
the central office.  If someone gets a little crazy with a backhoe your line
is guaranteed to stay up (ask about SLAs, and make sure they will refund
part of your monthly bill if you have an outage).  That's why it costs over
twice as much.

I would imagine the other service is just a point-to-point connection,
subject to the same type of reliability you would get from any
point-to-point connection.

Hope this helps.