Re: OpenTransit (france telecom) depeers cogent

  • From: Alexander Koch
  • Date: Thu Apr 14 15:50:06 2005

On Thu, 14 April 2005 20:19:41 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> [..] Clearly Cogent are doing
> something that gives them a cost advantage otherwise they wouldn't
> be able to sustain this [..]

Do you seriously view it that way? See the financial
analysis available on the web about Cogent and tell me the
same thing again.

> [..] If I was an FT customer and
> I'd seen this signal I'd be phoning Cogent now for a quote.

I want my packets to make it to the destination. For some
Euros more I get real transit from real networks. See, all
the world is fine again. He who wants to save even more
money gets what he pays for.

I bet your viewpoint would maybe change if you had nearly
exclusively DSL traffic and hardly B2B- type traffic. I
could be wrong, of course.

Alexander