AUP for NANOG?

  • From: Matthew Black
  • Date: Thu Apr 14 10:50:28 2005

Do we have an Acceptable Usage Policy fot this NANOG mailing list?

Of late this forum has become a forum for ad hominem rather than a
friendly discussion of technical issues. While I may disagree with
the opinions of others, I wouldn't resort to name calling or belittling.

This reminds me of the way others behaved when I entered the field
some 25 years ago. Some people were very helpful and friendly.
Others responded very arrogantly with the tone of "how stupid you
are for asking that question."

If you're so smart, feel free to share your knowledge. It's unnecessary
to belittle someone for asking a question or stating an opinion. The
motivation behind this post is to serve as a reminder of the purpose of
the NANOG forum. Let's return some decorum here.

matthew black
california state university, long beach