RE: OpenTransit (france telecom) depeers cogent

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Thu Apr 14 09:50:01 2005

> OpenTransit just depeered Cogent.
>
> Currently OT sees Cogent behind Sprint/Verio:
> AS path: 5511 1239 2914 174 13129 I
>
> but packets are disapearing in a blackhole.

A colleague of mine at an OLO was telling me
that when OT de-peered them the contact number
to discuss it was a France Telecom sales person!

Its kind of like an tyre fitter from kwik fit
coming over and puncturing your tyres and then
expecting you to drive into Kwik Fit and pay
them to fix them uuhhh I don't think so -
do they honestly think that this type of activity
is going to generate them any revenue?!

Regards,
Neil.