Re: Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 13:24:11 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 06:20:03PM -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
> > For those of you who emailed me privately about also running into
> > this bug, I just got an email from Linksys support saying they
> > released a new firmware version today(!) that resolves the problem.
>
> How convenient. Somebody must be reading NANOG :)
> (the case of bad publicity in right place is working wonders for
>   some vendors who are otherwise hard to do press to do things quickly)

And, as much as everyone on the list would probably hate to think it,
since it encourages more such behaviour in the future, I'd bet this is
*exactly* what happened, though we'll likely never hear confrimation
thereof.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me