Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 13:16:34 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 04:53:26PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> "Empirically" is because BIND9 attempts to detect other BIND9 servers, and
> if it thinks the other server isn't BIND9, then it uses the traditional
> protocol. So it will work so long as no implementation can fool BIND9 into
> thinking the other server is BIND9, but then not implement the
> non-standard protocol.

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, Dean, why in he|| would you
want to *do* something that silly?  Since the only identifiable reason
to pretend to be BIND9 *is to get that protocol modification*, if you
can't do that protocol, and you claim to be BIND9 anyway, you seem to
deserve what you get.

Cheers,
-- jr 'what was the subject of that sentence?' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me